UPCOMING: Certified Training for Solar Photovoltaic Technicians at the Industrial Research Institute (IRI)
Within LCEC qualification procedure for solar PV companies, the Industrial Research Institute (IRI) is organizing a Certified Training for Solar Photovoltaic Technicians covering the following topics:
- Solar market in Lebanon, including legal and administrative requirements
- Welding basics
- Structure corrosion protection
- Structure fixation
- Solar components
- Solar applications
- Design, sizing and installation considerations
- Safety considerations for solar applications
- Acceptance testing (earth resistance, Voc, Isc, insulation, drop voltage, performance ratio..)
- Monitoring and control
- Exam + certification
- The list of certified technicians to be made public by the IRI and shared on the LCEC website.
Date of the Training:
- The first training will take place on August 17th and 18th (registration closed)
- The second training will take place on August 31st and September 1st places are still available, if you would like to register, please contact Eng. Mohamad Assaad Hajjar Tel: 05 467 831-7 Ext 303 or Dr. Fadi Melhem Tel: 05 467 831-7 Ext 415
Duration of the Training:
- Day 1: from 9 AM to 5 PM (with breaks)
- Day 2: from 9 AM to 1 PM (with breaks)
- Exam: in the afternoon on day 2
FASEP Platform, Lebanese University Campus, Hadatt
Cost of the Training:
The cost of the training is 200 USD (Two Hundred US Dollars) which can be paid in Lebanese Pounds according to Sayrafa Rate.
The companies who wish to stay qualified under LCEC qualification scheme, would need to participate in IRI training and pass the exam.
The list of qualified companies is published here.
For more information on the training, please check the below document in the download center.